Legal Advice

IARC provides free immigration legal advice to eligible people in New South Wales or in immigration detention. Please note we are unable to assist people outside Australia.

Access to free legal advice is subject to income tests and priority is given to  particularly vulnerable members of the community including those experiencing family violence, people with a disability, homeless people and asylum-seekers and refugees.

IARC provides assistance in relation to:

  • Migration and family violence
  • Partner visas
  • Protection visas and humanitarian visas
  • Other family visas like parent, child and carer visas
  • Visitor visas
  • Visa cancellations
  • Citizenship

We cannot help you with:

  • Student visas
  • Withdrawing your sponsorship of someone else’s visa
  • Retirement visas
  • Skilled and investment visas
  • Migration to countries other than Australia
  • Judicial review

IARC’s legal advice is free and confidential. Telephone interpreters are available if required.

If you are in New South Wales or are unable to access immigration advice in your state or territory and believe you may be eligible for free legal services, please complete the form below.

If you have trouble with the form or are unsure if we can help, call us on
02 8234 0700  to see if we can assist you.

If you need an interpreter please phone TIS National on 131 450 and asked to be connected to the Immigration Advice and Rights Centre.